Lacey honors historic businesses

October 21st, 2016 by Ken

“Without businesses, a city is just a housing development.”   With those words, Larry Blume honored nine Lacey businesses which have been in Lacey since before cityhood.

In conjunction with the City of Lacey, the Lacey Rotary Club honored businesses which have been in Lacey prior to 1966 when the city was incorporated.  Presenting the awards was Lacey Mayor Andy Ryder.

Panorama was established in 1964 by its founders Chick and Moe Loveless.  It continues to provide retirement living for active adults.  It is currently owned by the residents.

Harolds Applicance was established in 1956 by Harold Lormor.  It continues to provide appliances, parts and service.   Its current owner is Bonnie Smith.

Kluh’s Jewelers was established in 1956 and in Lacey in 1966.  It was founded by Ted Kluh.  The current owner is Matt Kluh.

Martin Way Mobile Home and RV Park was established in 1942.   The founder is unknown but the complex provided housing for military officers during World War 2.   The current owner is TCF Management.

Lacey Shoe Repair was established in Lacey in 1962 by Edward Tafoya.  His son Paul Tafoya continues to provide shoe repair to his customers.

John’s Plumbing was established in 1957 by John Rupp and provides plumbing sales and repair.   The current owner is Marissa Stevens.

Capital Club Apartments was built in 1965 by Fairway Investments.   The current owner is Larry Melness.  Diamond Head Apartments was also established by Fairway Investments in 1965.   It is currently owned by Rick Ramage.

Capital Development Company was established in 1963 by Bob Blume.   This commercial real estate and management firm is owned by the Blume family.

Posted in Business, The Real News

(comments are closed).